We here at KeepCalling love expats and we address our services especially to them. We get to know them through their interaction with our customer service, through the reviews they leave for us, or through the messages they sometimes send us.
What we know about them is that they are great, hardworking people who had the courage to start over in a foreign place. This is what we know, but what do THEY know? So much more. Check this list of things only an expat will understand. If you’ve ever been an expat, you’ll understand. 😉
- The Immigration Office beats any other institution you’ve ever disliked.
- You find that food is so different around the world and it’s impossible to re-create your favorite food from home.
- When you get sick, you feel 10 times worse than when you were at home. Besides, how can you trust medicine you don’t know anything about?
- Opening a bank account is necessary and just as adventurous as your Immigration Office experiences.
- Holidays are very different. It feels weird that you don’t get days off on the holidays that you’d normally celebrate back home.
- Expressing yourself in a foreign language is difficult sometimes, no matter how fluent you are.
- When someone from home actually comes to visit… that’s pretty much the best day of your expat life!
- Worrying about your loved ones at home is far worse when you’re thousands of miles away from them.
- Spending all your days off at home suddenly sounds better than lying on a beach in the Maldives.
- When you go back home, you realize how time flies and how much has changed.
- After living abroad for a while, you become stronger, more open, and you feel like you can take on any challenge.
- Nothing can scare you now, especially not change.
Congratulations, being an expat sure unveiled the best in you! 🙂
Want more? Here’s a funny list of 21 struggles expats face at some point in their lives.