5 things only expats will understand & amazing rate changes for them (and not only)
Each and every expat experience is different and personal, but there are some things that only expats can understand and relate to. We mean, truly understand. Maybe you’ll find some of them funny, maybe you’ll have an “aha’ moment and say “Heeey, that happened to me as well, so I’m not the only one after all”. Either way, enjoy this list of 5 things we think only expats will understand.
- That absolute feeling of joy when you find one of your favourite items from your home country in the local store! Especially foodstuffs such as a much-loved brand of cereal or those cookies you crave on a Tuesday night while watching TV. Who would have thought something so simple could be such a treat! As an expat, you know how to savour and appreciate these little discoveries!
- Maybe you were not that type of person in the past, but now you have become a sort of ambassador for your new home country. You proudly take part in some of its customs, celebrate its independence day and fully enjoy its cuisine.
- Your kids are multi-cultural and multi-lingual. They are mini global nomads! They have friends from all over the world and have been exposed to countless different cultures and traditions.
- Moving abroad can get really lonely. Sometimes you don’t even know how to make friends at the beginning.This is especially true if there is a language barrier involved – not being able to communicate effectively with others, even if only to make casual chit-chat. Until you have found your tribe, it can be very isolating as a newly relocated expat abroad.
- You can’t control everything and you don’t need to know everything in advance. Of course you have a plan, but there is no need to plan everything as much as you think. Some things will be figured out quickly, some will change, some will work out, and some will not. But you don’t have to have everything worked out in advance.
January rate changes – check them out!
We can’t help you with many of the aspects of moving abroad, but we can help you keep communicate with everyone, once you’re officially an expat. 🙂 Enjoy the new rate dance, ’cause some prices went down, down, down this month.
Argentina 18% OFF
7.5 ¢/min 6.1 ¢/min
Cayman Islands: 63% OFF
13.5 ¢/min 4.9 ¢/min
Guadeloupe: up to 75% OFF
14.9 ¢/min 9.9 ¢/min
5.7 ¢/min 1.5 ¢/min
Iceland: 25% OFF
3.1 ¢/min 2.3 ¢/min
Kuwait: 19% OFF
6.1 ¢/min 4.9 ¢/min
Lebanon: 20% OFF
17.5 ¢/min 13.9 ¢/min
Martinique: 45% OFF
5.5 ¢/min 3 ¢/min
Romania: 23% OFF
2.1 ¢/min 1.6 ¢/min