HOW TO CALL KENYA FROM THE US
Expat life is not easy, homesickness kicks in and you keep thinking about what or who you left behind. So keeping in touch is essential. If your home is Kenya, and you’re wondering how to call Kenya from the US, we’ve got all the steps ready for you. Here are the main topics:
- How to call Kenya from the US
- List of Kenya area codes
- Cheapest way to call Kenya
- Best way to call Kenya from the US
1. How to call Kenya from the US
To make calls to Kenya, you can just follow these steps:
- Dial “011”, the exit US code.
- Then, dial “254”, Kenya’s country code.
- Dial the 2-digit area code. If you want to reach a mobile phone, you don’t need this step. (Note: If you’re dialling to a cell phone in Kenya, you must press 7 or 1 before the area code)
- Then, just dial the local phone number (5- to 7-digits). The complete phone number should have 9 digits.
Look no further for the most popular area codes, we’ve prepared a list for you, ready to be used.
2. List of Kenya area codes
Area codes cover particular areas and cities in the country. Here are some of the most popular area codes:
Nairobi – 20
Garissa – 46
Mombasa – 41
Nakuru – 51
Kisumu – 57
Eldoret – 53
Ruiru – 67
3. Cheapest way to call Kenya
If you want to buy prepaid credit, take a look at KeepCalling’s low prices and give it a try.
If you plan to call Kenya often, you should also try using a calling plan, as a money-saving solution. With Kenya 180 Monthly Plan you get 180 minutes for $19.99/month, and with Kenya 500 you get 500 minutes for $49.99/month, for both landlines and mobiles.
With KeepCalling you also have different options to call Kenya. You can call through an access number available for your area, if your internet connection is not that strong. You just enter the access number first and then the number you are trying to reach, in international format. If your internet connection is strong, you can try the KeepCalling App. It’s free for download, and available for Android, iPhone and iPad. Don’t worry, there are no hidden fees, so it’s a money-saving option.
The service guarantees high quality and reliability, no matter what specific product you choose. And if something goes wrong and the service somehow does not work, customers will get their money back.
Also, KeepCalling is BBB accredited, TRUSTe certified, plus a Verified & Secured website. That means it’s 100% safe, thanks to several security filters to protect customers from possible frauds.
Try the service yourself and make calls to Kenya fast and easy. For other destinations, we also have general tips on how to make international calls.
4. Best way to call Kenya from the US
- Download the KeepCalling app from Google Play or App Store
- Log in with the email and password registered on KeepCalling.com
- Sync your phone Contacts. (saved in international dialing format)
- Buy a Kenya Monthly Plan (Kenya 180 or Kenya 500)
- Select a contact to call and start talking
KeepCalling offers international calls to Kenya at the best rates on the market and at premium quality. Enjoy all the calling options – prepaid credit or the app – for occasional calls or for long and constant conversations that need calling plans. KeepCalling helps you stay connected to Kenya no matter where you are in the world.