How to call Mexico from the US
Being away from home is easier to handle with fast and effective communication channels that really make you feel closer to your loved ones. So if you relocated to the US from Mexico and you’re wondering how to call Mexico from the US, this article will surely come in handy. You can read about all the steps you need to take for smooth international calls. Here are the main topics:
- How to call Mexico from the US
- List of Mexico area codes
- Cheapest way to call Mexico
- Best way to call Mexico from the US
1. How to call Mexico from the US
To make calls to Mexico, you can just follow these steps:
- Dial “011”, the exit US code.
- Then, dial “52”, Mexico’s country code.
- Remove the trunk code: Mexican telephone numbers begin with one of three trunk codes: 01, 044, or 045. Ignore this portion of the number. This prefix is only needed for local calls, not for international dialing.
- Next step, dial the area code, if you want to reach a landline – 2 or 3 digits.
- Type the remaining digits of the number.
Look no further for the most popular area codes, we’ve prepared a list for you, ready to be used.
2. List of Mexico area codes
Mexico assigns area codes to different regions of the country. Here are some of the most popular area codes:
La Paz 612
Mexico City 55
San Felipe 686
3. Cheapest way to call Mexico
If you want to buy prepaid credit, take a look at KeepCalling’s low prices and give it a try.
If you plan to call Mexico often, you should also try using a calling plan, as a money-saving solution. Does “unlimited” sound good to you? With the Mexico Unlimited Monthly Plan you can make all the calls you want, without having to worry about the balance running out, for only $2.99/month.
With KeepCalling you also have different options to call Mexico. You can call through an access number available for your area, if your internet connection is not that strong. You just enter the access number first and then the number you are trying to reach, in international format. If your internet connection is strong, you can try the KeepCalling App. It’s free for download, and available for Android, iPhone and iPad. Don’t worry, there are no hidden fees, so it’s a money-saving option.
The service guarantees high quality and reliability, no matter what specific product you choose. And if something goes wrong and the service somehow does not work, customers will get their money back.
Also, KeepCalling is BBB accredited, TRUSTe certified, plus a Verified & Secured website. That means it’s 100% safe, thanks to several security filters to protect customers from possible frauds.
Try the service yourself and make calls to Mexico fast and easy. For other destinations, we also have general tips on how to make international calls.
4. Best way to call Mexico from the US
- Download the KeepCalling app from Google Play or App Store
- Log in with the email and password registered on KeepCalling.com
- Sync your phone Contacts. (saved in international dialing format)
- Buy a Mexico Monthly Plan (Mexico Unlimited)
- Select a contact to call and start talking
KeepCalling offers international calls to Mexico at the best rates on the market and at premium quality. Enjoy all the calling options – prepaid credit or the app – for occasional calls or for long and constant conversations that need an unlimited calling plan. KeepCalling helps you stay connected to Mexico no matter where you are in the world.