HOW TO CALL NIGERIA FROM THE US
Leaving your home country is never easy, be it for studies, work, traveling for business, or fun. Homesickness kicks in and you keep thinking about what or who you left behind. So keeping in touch is essential. If home for you is Nigeria, and you’re wondering how to call Nigeria from the US, we’ve got all the steps ready for you. Here are the main topics:
- How to call Nigeria from the US
- List of Nigeria area codes
- The cheapest way to call Nigeria
- Best way to call Nigeria from the US
1. How to call Nigeria from the US
To make calls to Nigeria, you can just follow these steps:
- Dial “011”, the exit US code.
- Then, dial “234”, Nigeria’s country code.
- Next step, dial the area code if you want to reach a landline – 1 to 2 digits. If you want to reach a mobile phone, you don’t need this step.
- Then, just dial the local phone number. (5-7 digits)
Next, we have a list of Nigeria area codes, to make things easier for you.
2. List of Nigeria area codes
Area codes cover particular areas and cities in the country. Here are some of the most popular area codes:
Wukari – 41
Pankshin – 70
Yola – 75
Jalingo – 79
Ibadan – 2
Agbor – 55
Auchi – 57
Gusau – 63
Maiduguri – 76
Zaria – 69
Ondo – 34
Abuja – 9
3. Cheapest way to call Nigeria
If you want to buy prepaid credit, take a look at KeepCalling’s low prices and give it a try.
So if Nigeria is your top calling destination, you should also try using a calling plan, as a money-saving solution. On KeepCalling.com you’ll find 3 Monthly Plans that you can choose from, according to your needs:
- Nigeria 120 offers 120 minutes for $9.99/month
- Nigeria 350 offers 350 minutes for $26.99/month
- Nigeria 650 offers 650 minutes for $44.99/month
With KeepCalling you also have different options to call Nigeria. You can call through an access number available for your area if you don’t necessarily want to use an internet connection. Or maybe you don’t have a stable connection. You enter the access number first and then the number you are trying to reach, in international format. If your internet connection is strong, you can try the KeepCalling App. It’s free for download and available for Android, iPhone, and iPad. There are no hidden fees, so no bad surprises with this.
The service guarantees high quality and reliability, no matter what specific product you choose. And if something goes wrong and the service somehow does not work, customers get their money back.
Also, KeepCalling is BBB accredited, TRUSTe certified, plus a Verified & Secured website. That means it’s 100% safe, thanks to several security filters to protect customers from possible frauds.
Try the service yourself and make calls to Nigeria fast and easy. For other destinations, we also have general tips on how to make international calls.
4. Best way to call Nigeria from the US
- Download the KeepCalling app from Google Play or App Store
- Log in with the email and password registered on KeepCalling.com
- Sync your phone Contacts. (saved in international dialing format)
- Buy a Nigeria Monthly Plan (Nigeria 120/ Nigeria 350/ Nigeria 650)
- Select a contact to call and start talking
KeepCalling offers international calls to Nigeria at the best rates on the market and at the best quality out there. Enjoy all the calling options – Voice Credit or the KeepCalling App – for occasional calls, or calling plans, for long and constant conversations. KeepCalling helps you stay connected to Nigeria no matter where you are in the world.