How to call Romania from the US
Are you far away from home, maybe working abroad or studying, or just traveling for a short period of time? Then you’ll surely want smooth international calls to keep in touch with your family and friends. If your home country is Romania and you’re wondering how to call Romania from the US, you’ll find out all there is to know about the subject right here in this article. Here are the main topics:
- How to call Romania from the US
- List of Romania area codes
- The cheapest way to call Romania
- Best way to call Romania from the US
1. How to call Romania from the US
Just a few steps you need to follow in order to make calls to Romania:
- Dial “011”, the exit US code.
- Then, dial “40”, the country code for Romania.
- Next step, dial the area code if you want to reach a landline – 2 digits for the capital Bucharest, and 3 digits for all other areas. If you want to reach a mobile phone, you don’t need this step.
- Then, just dial the local phone number.
We’ve prepared a list with the most popular area codes, so you can have them right here, ready to be used.
2. List of Romania area codes
Area codes cover particular areas and cities in the country. Here are some of the most popular area codes:
Bucharest – 21
Arad – 257
Bacau – 234
Botosani – 231
Brasov – 268
Cluj Napoca – 264
Constanta – 241
Craiova – 251
Galati – 236
Iasi – 232
Ploiesti – 244
Satu Mare – 261
Sibiu – 269
Suceava – 230
Targu Jiu – 253
Timisoara – 256
3. Cheapest way to call Romania
Of course, you’re also interested in finding the best rates. If you want to buy prepaid credit, take a look at KeepCalling’s low prices.
Also, give it a try and choose a calling plan, especially if Romania is your favorite calling destination and you call there often. With KeepCalling, you can get a monthly plan for only $4.99/month, and it offers unlimited calls to Romania – landlines and mobiles!
KeepCalling also offers different ways for you to make your calls to Romania. With a not-so-fast internet connection, you can call through access numbers, you just have to find the closest one to your location. You enter the access number first and then the number you are trying to reach, in international format. However, if you have a stable internet connection, the App is the best option for you. You can download it for free, it’s available for Android, iPhone, and iPad, it’s money-saving, with no hidden fees.
The service guarantees high quality and reliability, no matter what specific product you choose. And if something goes wrong and the service somehow does not work, customers will get their money back.
Also, KeepCalling is BBB accredited, TRUSTe certified, plus a Verified & Secured website. That means it’s 100% safe, thanks to several security filters to protect customers from possible frauds.
Try the service yourself and make calls to Romania fast and easy. For other destinations, we also have general tips on how to make international calls.
4. Best way to call Romania from the US
- Download the KeepCalling app from Google Play or App Store
- Log in with the email and password registered on KeepCalling.com
- Sync your phone Contacts. (saved in international dialing format)
- Buy a Romania Unlimited Monthly Plan
- Select a contact to call and start talking
KeepCalling offers international calls to Romania at the best rates on the market and at premium quality. Enjoy all the calling options – prepaid credit or the app – for occasional calls or for long and constant conversations that need an unlimited calling plan. KeepCalling helps you stay connected to Romania no matter where you are in the world.