HOW TO CALL SOUTH KOREA FROM THE US
It’s only natural to miss home when traveling or relocating abroad. Yes, homesickness is unavoidable, but being away from home is easier to handle with fast and effective communication channels to make you feel closer to your loved ones. So if you relocated to the US from South Korea and you’re wondering how to call South Korea from the US, this article will give you all the details you need. You can read about all the steps you need to take for smooth international calls. Here are the main topics:
- How to call South Korea from the US
- List of South Korea area codes
- The cheapest way to call South Korea
- The best way to call South Korea from the US
1. How to call South Korea from the US
To make calls to South Korea, you can just follow these steps:
- Dial “011”, the exit US code.
- Then, dial “82”, South Korea’s country code.
- Then dial the area code (1 digit for Seoul, and 2 digits for all other cities) if you want to reach a landline.
- Type the remaining digits of the number.
Look no further for the most popular area codes, we’ve prepared a list for you, ready to be used.
2. List of South Korea area codes
Here are some of the most popular area codes:
Ansan – 31
Changwon – 55
Cheju – 64
Chonan – 41
Iksan – 63
Koyang – 31
Kumi – 54
Masan – 55
Mokpo – 61
Songnam – 31
Seoul – 2
Suwon – 31
Taegu – 53
Ulchin – 54
Wonju – 33
3. The cheapest way to call South Korea
If you want to buy prepaid credit, take a look at KeepCalling’s low prices and give it a try.
If you plan to call South Korea often, you should also try using a calling plan, as a money-saving solution. How does “unlimited” sound? With the South Korea Unlimited Monthly Plan you can make all the calls you want, without having to worry about the balance running out, for only $4.49/month.
With KeepCalling you also have different options to call South Korea. You can call through an access number available for your area, if your internet connection is not that strong. You just enter the access number first and then the number you are trying to reach, in international format. If your internet connection is strong, you can try the KeepCalling App. It’s free for download, and available for Android, iPhone and iPad. Don’t worry, there are no hidden fees, so it’s a money-saving option.
The service guarantees high quality and reliability, no matter what specific product you choose. And if something goes wrong and the service somehow does not work, customers will get their money back.
Also, KeepCalling is BBB accredited, TRUSTe certified, plus a Verified & Secured website. That means it’s 100% safe, thanks to several security filters to protect customers from possible frauds.
Try the service yourself and make calls to South Korea fast and easy. For other destinations, we also have general tips on how to make international calls.
4. The best way to call South Korea from the US
- Download the KeepCalling app from Google Play or App Store
- Log in with the email and password registered on KeepCalling.com
- Sync your phone Contacts. (saved in international dialing format)
- Buy a South Korea Monthly Plan (South Korea Unlimited)
- Select a contact to call and start talking
KeepCalling offers international calls to South Korea at the best rates on the market and at premium quality. Enjoy all the calling options – prepaid credit or the app – for occasional calls or for long and constant conversations that need an unlimited calling plan. KeepCalling helps you stay connected to South Korea no matter where you are in the world.