How to call the UK from the US
New year, hopefully, new chances to travel, work, study, or just visit the world. And when you’re far away from home, staying in touch with everyone is essential. If your favorite calling destination is the United Kingdom and you’re wondering how to call the UK from the US, here’s an article to help you out with all the details. Here are the main topics:
- How to call the UK from the US
- List of UK area codes
- The cheapest way to call the UK
- Best way to call the UK from the US
1. How to call the United Kingdom from the US
To make calls to the UK, you can just follow these steps:
- Dial “011”, the exit US code.
- Then, dial “44”, UK’s country code.
- Next step, dial the area code if you want to reach a landline – 2 to 5 digits. If you want to reach a mobile phone, you don’t need this step.
- Then, just dial the local phone number. The complete phone number should have 10 digits.
Look no further for the most popular area codes, we’ve prepared a list for you, ready to be used.
2. List of UK area codes
Area codes cover particular areas and cities in the country. Here are some of the most popular area codes:
Belfast – 28
Birmingham – 121
Brighton – 1273
Bristol – 117
Cambridge – 1223
Coventry – 24
Edinburgh – 131
Liverpool – 151
London – 20
Manchester – 161
Northampton – 1604
Portsmouth – 23
Sheffield – 114
Winchester – 1962
York – 1904
3. Cheapest way to call the UK
If you want to buy prepaid credit, take a look at KeepCalling’s low prices and give it a try.
If you plan to call the UK often, you should also try using a calling plan, as a money-saving solution. With the United Kingdom Unlimited Monthly Plan from KeepCalling, you can have unlimited calls for only $4.99/month, for both landlines and mobiles.
With KeepCalling you also have different options to call in the UK. You can call through an access number available for your area if your internet connection is not that strong. You just enter the access number first and then the number you are trying to reach, in international format. If your internet connection is strong, you can try the KeepCalling App. It’s free for download and available for Android, iPhone, and iPad. Don’t worry, there are no hidden fees, so it’s a money-saving option.
The service guarantees high quality and reliability, no matter what specific product you choose. And if something goes wrong and the service somehow does not work, customers will get their money back.
Also, KeepCalling is BBB accredited, TRUSTe certified, plus a Verified & Secured website. That means it’s 100% safe, thanks to several security filters to protect customers from possible frauds.
Try the service yourself and make calls to the UK fast and easy. For other destinations, we also have general tips on how to make international calls.
4. Best way to call the UK from the US
- Download the KeepCalling app from Google Play or App Store
- Log in with the email and password registered on KeepCalling.com
- Sync your phone Contacts. (saved in international dialing format)
- Buy a United Kingdom Unlimited Monthly Plan
- Select a contact to call and start talking
KeepCalling offers international calls to the UK at the best rates on the market and at premium quality. Enjoy all the calling options – prepaid credit or the app – for occasional calls or for long and constant conversations that need an unlimited calling plan. KeepCalling helps you stay connected to the United Kingdom no matter where you are in the world.