We’re living in a very mobile age, in which everything needs to be small, fast, and portable. We do everything on the run and we’re always on the go. The mobile phone has already become an extension of ourselves and it’s hard to imagine our lives without it. We check it tens of times a day and take it everywhere with us. Things get a little complicated when we’re abroad, which can make communication difficult.
Roaming fees hurt our wallets and kill proper communication. All we can afford to say when calling home is “I’ve arrived and I’m fine, I’ll call you when I get the chance”. Luckily, KeepCalling.com offers you the perfect alternative: a high quality international calling service that doesn’t only offer really low rates, but also a variety of calling options. You can place your calls from any landline, mobile, computer, and even payphone.
Since when you’re traveling abroad you rarely have access to a landline or a computer and since payphones are dying in most parts of the world, we all rely on our inanimate best friends: our mobiles. In what follows we’re going to show you how to use your mobile abroad, whether it’s a latest technology smartphone or an older model.
If you can’t give up your good ol’ mobile…
… no problem! You can call using access numbers. There are 2 types of such numbers:
- local (you will be charged for a local call or minutes will be deducted from your plan, if you have one)
- toll free (the calls are free, but a small surcharge of 2-3¢/min will be applied to the rates shown on our website)
If you’ve been abroad for a long time, you probably already have a SIM or a contract with a local telecom company. If you don’t, you could consider buying the cheapest SIM you can find. After dialing the access number:
- dial the PIN you can find in your KeepCalling.com account
- you will hear your balance and the number of minutes available
- dial the destination number of your choice
You can find many free features in your account that will make your calling experience a lot smoother. Here are a few tips on how you can call faster.
If you’ve joined the trend and own a smartphone…
… things get even easier! With KeepCalling app for Android or iOS you’ll be able to call internationally at the touch of a button. All you need is a reliable Internet connection. The rest can be summed up in 3 easy steps:
- download the app from Play Store or App Store
- log in with the email and password of your KeepCalling.com account or create a new one, if you’re not already a customer.
- call using the Contacts tab, where you will find all the numbers saved in your phone. Remember, they need to be in international format.
In the end…
… whatever calling option you choose, it’s good to know that by using KeepCalling you make the right decision. Whether you’re abroad for a long time or only on holiday, we bring your loved ones closer to you at the lowest rates and highest quality standards.